1 oz South African Krugerrand previous years
If you are seeking a durable and well-known investment gold coin with unparalleled liquidity and which is available at a low premium over the prevailing spot price of gold, then the South African Krugerrand could be the investment you are looking for. Launched by the South African Mint in 1967, the Krugerrand rose to fame as the first coin to contain one ounce of gold. To this date, investors have bought some 48 million ounces of fine gold contained in over 60 million coins, establishing the Krugerrand as the most popular and actively traded gold coin in the 21st century. By taking possession of a Krugerrand gold coin, you gain an implicit guarantee of it being international accepted by bullion dealers, financial institutions and investors alike
- Krugerrand gold coins are liquid. This stems from the fact that they are well recognised and traded globally by coin dealers, investors and banks. There is always a market for Krugerrand gold coins.
- Krugerrands track the price of gold. The value of Krugerrand coins is primarily determined by their fine gold content which is linked to the prevailing price of gold.
- Krugerrands are money. Krugerrand gold coins are legal tender in South African and are accepted and exchanged as such throughout the world.
- Krugerrand gold coins are durable. They are minted from a crown gold alloy that is 91.67 % pure (22 karats). The rest of the alloy contains copper, which strengthens the coins’ surface and enhances the durability of the coin making it suitable for handling.
- Krugerrand coins are the equivalent of savings. Krugerrands are an ideal choice for any type of long-term saver who appreciates the security and stability of owning legal tender physical gold coins.
- Krugerrand gold coins are an excellent way to diversify your portfolio. Gold’s low correlation with other financial assets makes Krugerrands serve as a portfolio hedge against market risk.
The South African Mint
South Africa was the largest gold mining nation during the mid 20th century, contributing almost 50% to the annual global mine supply. To more easily sell this abundant supply of gold, the South African gold mining industry came up with the idea to develop a circulating gold bullion coin that would exclusively contain gold from the South African mines. The idea was approved by the South African Central Bank which authorized the creation of the legal tender Krugerrand gold coin. The Krugerrand gold coin was struck for the first time in the early 1970s by the South African Mint and would prove to be the most successful gold bullion coin ever to be issued by the Republic of South Africa.
|Face value description||Diameter||Fineness||Gold weight in grams||Product weight in grams||Gold weight in Troy ounces||Manufacturer||Manufacturer country|
|1 oz of gold||32.7||916.7||31.10347||33.95576||1||The South African Mint||South Africa|
The obverse portrays the former President of the South African Republic, Paul Kruger. His picture is surrounded by the text “Sud – Afrika” and “South Africa”, the name of the country in its two native languages, Afrikaans and English.
The reverse features a galloping springbok on grass. Above the springbok is the text “KRUGERRAND”. Under the animal is the inscribed text “FYNGOUD”, which translates as “fine gold”, and the weight of the coin. The centre of the coin contains the year of mintage with the first two figures of the year visible on the left of the springbok, and the last two figures on the right.
Your order is fully insured and delivered by Posti. After we have received your payment, the products will be dispatched within 24 hours. Delivery time is within 2 or 3 working days. You will receive a delivery notification from Posti and after that you may pick up your order from the nearest post office. If you wish, you can also personally pick up your order at one of our offices in Helsinki the same day we receive your payment. In cases where we are unable to send your order right away, we will always inform you about the time delay.