1 kg Australian Lunar Year of the Rooster 2017 silver coin
As a long-term partner of the Perth Mint, Tavex is pleased to offer one of world’s finest minted silver bullion coins, the 2017 Australian Lunar Year of the Rooster. The silver coin is part of Perth Mint’s praised chronological silver bullion collection, the Australian Lunar Series II, where each coin in the series is only minted once every twelve years in accordance with the ancient Chinese lunar calendar.
The Year of the Rooster silver coin contains 99.99% pure silver and is produced with a special minting technique that ensures the coin is in proof-like condition, meaning it has exceptionally shiny and mat surfaces coupled with the richest of detail. This bullion coin is truly a piece of breathtaking silver art suitable for collectors with an eye for beauty and those who wish to give their loved ones something really memorable and special.
- Australian Lunar Year of the Rooster silver coins are money. The Silver Lunar Series was introduced for the first time in 1999 and every silver coin in the series, including the Year of the Rooster, is considered to be legal tender by the Australian Government.
- Australian Lunar Year of the Rooster silver coins are based on the treasured Chinese lunar calendar. Those born in the year of the rooster are generally perceived to be honest, communicative, capable of great undertakings, and with a tendency to show off their feathers.
- Australian Lunar Year of the Rooster silver coins are great gifts for your loved ones. Give a tribute to the ones you appreciate by marking their virtues and year of birth in pure .9999 fine silver, a gift that will stay with them forever.
- Australian Lunar Year of the Rooster silver coins are made in proof condition. Minted with such high quality, brilliance and rich detail, it becomes hard not to call it “my precious”.
- Australian Lunar Year of the Rooster silver coins are popular with astute collectors. Its motif of the rooster that varies every 12th year, its maximum mintage limit, and its quality, purity and legal tender status mean that the coin has a considerable premium over its melt value in the secondary market.
- Australian Lunar Year of the Rooster silver coins are internationally recognised. By being part of the Australian Silver Lunar Series which has been in continuous production for 15 years, and by portraying motifs of the famous Chinese zodiac and the effigy of the most powerful and longest serving queen in the 20th century, Queen Elizabeth II, the Australian Lunar Year of the rooster silver coin is recognised throughout the globe by bullion dealers and collectors alike.
The Perth Mint
The Perth Mint is a world distinguished mint and precious metals refiner that is located in the City of Perth, in Western Australia. The Perth Mint was founded in 1896 by Britain’s Royal Mint in response to the newly discovered gold deposits in Western Australia. Perth Mint’s task was to refine gold ore from the mines and to strike sovereign gold coins from the refined bullion. Between 1899 and 1931 the Pert Mint produced a considerable amount of gold sovereigns which were disturbed in Australia and throughout the British Empire to be used as circulating currency. British control over Perth Mint was relinquished in 1971 to the Government of Western Australia which then assumed ownership of the mint. Today, the Perth Mint is hailed for the exceptional quality of its world class investment bullion coins like the Kookaburra and Koala silver coins, and the Lunar Series. The Perth Mint has been a member of the London Gold Market (predecessor of the LBMA) since 1934. The swan design, which is the Mint’s official assay stamp registered with the LBMA, is recognised internationally and was inspired by the Mint’s location in Perth, where the main river, the Swan, runs through the city.
|Face value description||Diameter||Fineness||Silver weight in grams||Product weight in grams||Silver weight in Troy ounces||Manufacturer||Manufacturer country|
|30 dollars||100.6||9999||1000||1000.10001||32.15075||The Perth Mint||Australia|
Obverse: The obverse portrays the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II. The reason for picturing Her Majesty the Queen stems from Australia’s membership of the United Kingdom’s Commonwealth of Nations. By being a member of the Commonwealth, Australia has Queen Elizabeth II as its reigning constitutional monarch. Above the Queen’s effigy is the text “ELIZABETH II” and “AUSTRALIA”. Inscribed below the effigy is the weight "1 KG", purity of the coin "9999 Ag", the year of mintage, denomination "30 DOLLARS", and the designer’s initials “IRB” – Ian Rank-Broadley.
Reverse: The reverse displays a beautiful rooster with chicken, and three chicks. Inscribed above rooster is the Chinese character for “rooster”. Below the chicks is the text “Year of the Rooster” and to the left is the letter “P” which stands for Perth Mint.
Packaging: Each coin is individually packaged in a hard plastic capsule at the Perth Mint.
Your order is fully insured and delivered by Posti. After we have received your payment, the products will be dispatched within 24 hours. Delivery time is within 2 or 3 working days. You will receive a delivery notification from Posti and after that you may pick up your order from the nearest post office. If you wish, you can also personally pick up your order at one of our offices in Helsinki the same day we receive your payment. In cases where we are unable to send your order right away, we will always inform you about the time delay.