1 oz Australian Kookaburra 2014 Silver Coin
Tavex is pleased to offer the Australian Silver Kookaburra coin, Australia’s most iconic silver bullion piece. This one-of-a-kind silver coin exhibits peerless quality and aesthetic beauty, yet is available at affordable prices. Issued for the first time in 1990 by the renowned Perth Mint, the Australian Silver Kookaburra was the world’s first silver bullion coin to commemorate one of nature’s most charming birds: the kookaburra in 99.9% pure silver. Considered legal tender in Australia, this coin carries a denomination of 1 Australian dollar and is suitable for any investor who would like to invest in a legal tender silver coin that has a long-term track record of appreciating in value. As a long-term partner of the Perth Mint, Tavex is able to offer market leading quotes for any desired quantity of this sparkly silver coin.
- Australian Silver Kookaburra coins track the price of silver. The value of Kookaburra coins is primarily determined by their fine silver content which is linked to the prevailing price of silver.
- The price of Australian Silver Kookaburras will rise with inflation. Silver has proven itself throughout history to be a great asset in times of high inflation, appreciating faster and higher than most other investments!
- Australian Silver Kookaburra coins are money. Silver Kookaburra bullion coins are legal tender in Australia and are accepted and exchanged as such over large parts of the world.
- Australian Silver Kookaburra coins are sold with low premiums. As a partner of the Perth Mint, Tavex is able to offer Silver Kookaburra coins with a low mark-up premium.
- Silver Kookaburras are popular among collectors. Silver Kookaburra coins are popular with collectors and investors because of their steadily appreciating value in the secondary market, a direct result of the coins’ annual mintage limit and varying design.
- The Silver Kookaburra coin is internationally recognised. As the only legal tender silver bullion coin in the world to portray a kookaburra, an animal native to Australia, investor recognition is ensured worldwide.
- This coin is .999 pure silver. Australian Silver Kookaburras are a great way to get this precious white metal in your hands.
- Australian Silver Kookaburra coins are the equivalent of savings. The historical low price of silver compared to gold makes it an ideal investment either for investors who wish to invest smaller amounts or for those who believe they are getting more precious metal for their “buck”, in anticipation of a steeper appreciation of the price of silver compared with gold.
|Face value description||Diameter||Fineness||Silver weight in grams||Product weight in grams||Silver weight in Troy ounces||Manufacturer country|
The obverse portrays the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II. The reason for picturing Her Majesty the Queen stems from Australia’s membership of the United Kingdom’s Commonwealth of Nations. By being a member of the Commonwealth, Australia has Queen Elizabeth II is its reigning constitutional monarch. Above the Queen’s effigy is the text “ELIZABETH II” and “AUSTRALIA”. Inscribed below the effigy is the nominal face value of 1 dollar and the designer’s initials “IRB” – Ian Rank-Broadley.
The reverse displays Australia’s most famous bird, the kookaburra, and above it is inscribed “AUSTRALIA KOOKABURRA”. Below the kookaburra is the year of mintage, the weight and purity. To the left is the letter “P” which stands for Perth Mint.
Your order is fully insured and delivered by Posti. After we have received your payment, the products will be dispatched within 24 hours. Delivery time is within 2 or 3 working days. You will receive a delivery notification from Posti and after that you may pick up your order from the nearest post office. If you wish, you can also personally pick up your order at one of our offices in Helsinki the same day we receive your payment. In cases where we are unable to send your order right away, we will always inform you about the time delay.