1 kg Australian Koala Silver Coin previous years
Tavex is pleased to offer the Australian Silver Koala coin, one of Australia’s iconic silver bullion pieces. Issued for the first time in 2007 by the renowned Perth Mint, it is the world’s first silver bullion coin to have continuous unlimited mintage coupled with a varying design of its main motif. The Australian Silver Koala coin is made of 99.9% pure silver and its popularity stems from having its precious surface imprinted with the portrait of a peaceful koala, Australia’s most famous marsupial. Considered legal tender in Australia, this coin carries a denomination of 30 Australian dollar and is available at extremely competitive prices, an ideal silver investment for both collectors and investors. As a long-term partner of the Perth Mint, Tavex is able to offer market leading quotes for any desired quantity of this charming silver coin.
By ordering the Koala previous years coin You will get the coin according to availability, we can not quarantee a specific year coin. If you wish for a certain year Koala coin please feel free to contact us via email or phone.
- Australian Silver Koala coins track the price of silver. The value of Koala coins is primarily determined by their fine silver content which is linked to the prevailing price of silver.
- The price of Australian Silver Koalas will rise with inflation. Silver has proven itself throughout history to be a great asset in times of high inflation, appreciating faster and higher than most other investments!
- Australian Silver Koala coins are money. Koala silver bullion coins are legal tender in Australia and are accepted and exchanged as such over large parts of the world.
- Australian Silver Koala coins are available at a low premium. As a partner of the Perth Mint, Tavex is able to offer market leading quotes for Silver Koala coins.
- Silver Koalas are internationally recognised. As the only legal tender silver bullion coin in the world to portray a koala, an animal native to Australia, investor recognition is ensured worldwide.
- This coin is .999 pure silver. Australian Silver Koalas are a great way to get this precious white metal in your hands.
- Australian Silver Koala coins are the equivalent of savings. The historical low price of silver compared to gold makes it an ideal investment either for investors who wish to invest smaller amounts or for those who believe they are getting more precious metal for their “buck”, in anticipation of a steeper appreciation of the price of silver compared with gold.
The Silver Koala coin depicts Australia’s famous marsupial
The koala is a marsupial native to the eastern and southern parts of Australia. Although not in any way related to bears, the word bear is added to their name as they have a distinct look of a small teddy bear. The name “koala” derives from an indigenous Australian language which means “animal that does not drink”. In fact, koalas will rarely drink water as they receive most of their needed water from their main source of food: eucalyptus leaves. They grow to be between 60 and 90 cm high and are characterised by their black short nose and large fluffy ears. What is fascinating about the koala is its ability to base its diet on leaves from the eucalyptus tree which in general are highly toxic to most mammals and contain low levels of beneficial nutrients. To cope with this peculiar low energy diet, the koala will limit its energy use by sleeping between 17-20 hours per day.
The Perth Mint
The Perth Mint is a world distinguished mint and precious metals refiner that is located in the City of Perth, in Western Australia. The Perth Mint was founded in 1896 by Britain’s Royal Mint in response to the newly discovered gold deposits in Western Australia. Perth Mint’s task was to refine gold ore from the mines and to strike sovereign gold coins from the refined bullion. Between 1899 and 1931 the Pert Mint produced a considerable amount of gold sovereigns which were disturbed in Australia and throughout the British Empire to be used as circulating currency. British control over Perth Mint was relinquished in 1971 to the Government of Western Australia which then assumed ownership of the mint. Today, the Perth Mint is hailed for the exceptional quality of its world class investment bullion coins like the Kookaburra and Koala silver coins, and the Lunar Series. The Perth Mint has been a member of the London Gold Market (predecessor of the LBMA) since 1934. The swan design, which is the Mint’s official assay stamp registered with the LBMA, is recognised internationally and was inspired by the Mint’s location in Perth, where the main river, the Swan, runs through the city.
|Face value description||Diameter||Fineness||Silver weight in grams||Product weight in grams||Silver weight in Troy ounces||Manufacturer||Manufacturer country|
|30 dollars||100.6||999||1000||1001.001||32.15075||The Perth Mint||Australia|
The obverse portrays the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II. The reason for picturing Her Majesty the Queen stems from Australia’s membership of the United Kingdom’s Commonwealth of Nations. By being a member of the Commonwealth, Australia has Queen Elizabeth II as its reigning constitutional monarch. Above the Queen’s effigy is the text “ELIZABETH II” and “AUSTRALIA”. Inscribed below the effigy is the nominal face value of 30 dollar and the designer’s initials “IRB” – Ian Rank-Broadley.
The reverse displays one of Australia’s most famous marsupials, the koala bear, and above it is inscribed “AUSTRALIA KOALA”. Below the koala is the year of mintage, weight and purity. To the right of the koala is the letter “P” which stands for Perth Mint.
Your order is fully insured and delivered by Posti. After we have received your payment, the products will be dispatched within 24 hours. Delivery time is within 2 or 3 working days. You will receive a delivery notification from Posti and after that you may pick up your order from the nearest post office. If you wish, you can also personally pick up your order at one of our offices in Helsinki the same day we receive your payment. In cases where we are unable to send your order right away, we will always inform you about the time delay.